OLPC Firmware Q2A62
 OLPC Firmware Production Release Q2A62 - 2006-12-11
This is the update release for the B-test build.
 Changes since Q2A54
- EC: update to A62
- EC: Dead battery charging fix
- EC: Add battery charging indicator LED
- OFW: Update to SVN 55
- OFW: Improve performance by preallocating some DMA resources.
- OFW: Support USB storage devices that identify themselves as "removable"
instead of "scsi"
- OFW: Support FAT filesystem on devices with sector sizes other than 512.
 Installation Caveats
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
 Known issues
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.
 ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
Thise is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type