OLPC Firmware Q2A71
OLPC Firmware Production Release Q2A71 - 2006-12-21
This is the update release for the B-test build.
Changes since Q2A63
- EC: update to A71
- EC: Implement matrix button repeat scan code
- OFW: Update to SVN 60
- OFW: Added USB net device id 0b95,7720
- OFW: Fixed memory layout for virtual-mode support. Virtual support
has now been tested/working, but is not turned on in this version.
- OFW: Removed unused EGA console support hooks.
- OFW: Dialed back to 60 Hz refresh on VGA, as that seems to be the most widely supported.
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.
ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
Thise is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type