OLPC Firmware Q2B14
 OLPC Firmware Release Q2B14 - 2006-12-30
This is the first firmware release that is compatible with the Open Firmware filesystem in Linux (which lets Linux read the OFW device tree).
 Changes since Q2B11
- OFW: Fixed memory reporting problem that caused problems when Linux called back into OFW
- OFW: Sped up page table setup code by running it from RAM, thus shaving a couple of seconds from the OFW startup time.
 Installation Caveats
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
 Known issues
- The device tree has some errors and omissions, and generally needs auditing.
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.
The ATest/Infineon RAMS variant of this firmware version has not been released.