OLPC Firmware Q2B15
OLPC Firmware Pre-Production Release Q2B15 - 2007-01-02
This is the firmware for the pre-production test build of the B2 boards.
Changes since Q2B14
- LinuxBios: The 33/66 MHz switching code was accidentally omitted in B13 and B14, and has been reinstated in B15.
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Dirctory symlinks have a problem.
The ATest/Infineon RAMS variant of this firmware version has not been released.