OLPC Firmware Q2B34
OLPC Firmware B2 Production Release Q2B34 - 2007-01-24
This is the firmware for the production build of the B2 boards. It will also work on B1 and ATest. Do not use it on pre-B1 boards - it will brick them because of the EC microcode.
Changes since Q2B21
- EC: PQ2B31
- Implement wake up charging for B2 H/W.
- Default to three-byte mouse packet mode after resets.
- Added EC commands for stopping SPI FLASH access so updates can be performed without having to reboot the whole system
- Added the command 0xd5 (port 0x66) to turn off system power.
- OFW svn commit 113
- Corrected the assignment of USB PWR_EN pins to USB board, thus hopefully making staggered USB power-up actually work
- Added sound driver and support for sensor input mode
- Added SD driver (boot sd:\boot\olpc.fth)
- SD driver always does the Marvell-specific init steps so the Linux driver can be generic
- Eliminated misleading "bad battery" reports from the RTC driver (trac 767)
- probe-usb2 no longer creates duplicate device nodes
- Configured GPIO01 correctly for use as AC/DC MIC input switch on B2 boards
- Fixed problem with USB FLASH keys that don't support Ping transactions properly
- New DCON SDRAM timings
- New OLPC logo
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Directory symlinks have a problem.
ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
This is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type