OLPC Firmware Q2B43
 OLPC Firmware B2 Production Release Q2B43 - 2007-01-25
This is the firmware for the production build of the B2 boards. It will also work on B1 and ATest. Do not use it on pre-B1 boards - it will brick them because of the EC microcode.
 Changes since Q2B34
- EC: PQ2B43
- Fix Ticket #736. The system did not boot after a forced poweroff (by pressing the power switch for 4 seconds) when the keyboard light was active. The EC did not reset the value of EC register 0x6C in that case and this kept the machine from booting. EC register 0x6C is now cleared during boot.
- Fix the bug that the battery overcharge and insert the battery to machine. The LED of battery charge still lighting (origin) when that the LED of battery charge is lighting and remove AC.
- Implement Stop mode for B2 board.
- Support hardware ID.
- Know EC problems
- Battery overcharge and insert the battery to machine with AC. When the battery led is lighting of charge status and remove battery. The led is still charge lighting (origin)
- Discharge the battery until to auto shutdown(Low battery status ) and remove the battery. Insert the battery that it will show 20% and upward of battery capacity.
(GP have change new mathematical calculation method to EC PQ2B43)
- OFW svn commit 114
- Properly detect B1 or B2 so the AC/DC mic input switch works correctly
 Installation Caveats
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
 Known issues
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Directory symlinks have a problem.
 ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
This is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type