OLPC Firmware Q2B51
 OLPC Firmware B2 Production Release Q2B51 - 2007-01-26
This is the firmware for the production build of the B2 boards. It will also work on B1 and ATest. Do not use it on pre-B1 boards - it will brick them because of the EC microcode.
 Changes since Q2B43
- EC: PQ2B51
- Update to a new charging algorithm from the battery manufacturer.
- Fixed a bug where the charging LED would stay lit while the battery was removed.
- Fixed a bug where removing and then re-inserting the same battery would cause the reported battery capacity to be different.
- OFW svn commit 132
- Added OLPC ec-version and ec-name properties in the root node.
- Added cpu/x86/pc/olpc/msrscan.fth, a tool for checking MSR settings.
- Added OLPC touchpad diagnostic to build
- OLPC trac #833: Adjusted boot icon sizes and changed the wraparound strategy so that the logo is not overwritten.
 Installation Caveats
- If you have a B1 system:
- Perform the auto-reinstall procedure at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Autoreinstallation_image before upgrading to this firmware version
- DO NOT use olpcflash to write new firmware images. Doing so will erase the manufacturing data that was added at the factory.
- After you reflash, you must power cycle by physically removing power from the system. A warm-start or button-induced restart is not sufficient. Please remove both the battery pack and wall adapter for 10 seconds.
ATest users only: If you use olpcflash to write this image, you must use the --brick option.
olpcflash --brick -w image.rom
This will update your EC code.
 Known issues
- Auto-repeat is slow on some USB keyboards
- NVRAM storage for configuration variables is not yet implemented.
- JFFS2 does not handle ECC
- The boot menu is incomplete
- Directory symlinks have a problem.
 ATest -- Infineon RAMs only
This is a special purpose image. Do not use except on A-test boards with Infineon RAMS.
For more info see Upgrading_to_LinuxBIOS#Checking_your_DRAM_type