OLPC Firmware q7b08
This page is monitored by the OLPC team.
OLPC Firmware Release q7b08
Works on XO-4 B1 only. Do not use on XO-4 A or other models.
- breaks audio on build 16 and earlier, due to i2c enumeration change in device-tree,
- manufacturing tests,
- restore mouse cursor over suspend,
- avoid exit from menu when touchscreen test used,
- light LEDs all together in LEDs test,
- identify attached devices in USB test,
- adjust accelerometer test thresholds,
- SETi camera test fixes for low light,
- HDMI and EDID support, (not in menu),
- update to 0.0.0.8 for XO-4 C1 or later,
- fix INCREDIBLE slowness of firmware update on 1.2 GHz CPUs, ticket #12327
- suppress touchscreen firmware update on XO-4 B1 (since 0.0.0.4 is required on units with clear light guide, to avoid diagnonal line inaccuracies),
- user interface,
- banner support for 1.2 GHz CPU,
- use different reflash operation feedback, yellow dots for EC, plus signs for touchscreen,
- NiMH cooling bit display,
- FTDI232 USB serial support,
|Build date time||2012-12-07 01:13:39|
|WLAN 8686 version||9.0.7.p2|
|WLAN 8787 version||14.66.09.p80|
- 3481 Q7B08
- 3480 OLPC - libertas, add unused eeprom dump helper
- 3479 OLPC XO-4 - fix banner CPU speed for 1.2 GHz SKUs
- 3478 Seti camera driver - changed register settings to match the Linux driver ones, except for register 0x111 which is currently set at the value for 30fps under low light conditions. The Linux driver changed that value in commit ddb0abd and then reverted it in commit 2b6599b.
- 3477 OLPC XO-4 - add EC 16-bit battery status command, rework to allow automatic upgrade from Q7B07 EC 0.3.04, reported by Chia-Hsiu
- 3476 HDMI/EDID - more complicated way of choosing the resolution, in hopes of doing better with monitors that don't declare a native resolution. Also factored .hdmi so the pieces are easier to incorporate into selftest sequences.
- 3475 EDID decoder - (a) Fixed crash due to typo of " for ." (b) Fixed spurious + in audio decoding.
- 3474 OLPC XO-4 - restore mouse cursor over suspend test, for ticket #12362.
- 3473 OLPC XO-4 - touchscreen and menu interaction, add reference counting to open/close, clean the buffer in stream-poll? so that previous events are not processed again, fix stack effect of selftest, close and reopen the touchscreen over the menu driven test of the touchscreen (not the best solution), all this for ticket #12357.
- 3472 OLPC XO-4 - add EC 16-bit battery status command so that cooling bit can be displayed
- 3471 usbserial - FTDI232 driver for OLPC serial adapters
- 3470 Start of a driver for FTDI serial chips. Needs fleshing out.
- 3469 OLPC XO-4 - EC Code 0.3.05
- 3468 OLPC XO-4 - Improved access methods for HDMI EDID info.
- 3467 OLPC XO-4 - Added parser/displayer for HDMI EDID info.
- 3466 OLPC: Fix battery temperature calculation error
- 3457 XO-4 - Additional SMBUS functions for HDMI EDID reading.
- 3456 XO-4 - Added device node for HDMI EDID reading.
- 3453 OLPC XO-4 - suppress touchscreen firmware update on XO-4 B1 units
- 3452 libertas - spacing fix for antenna test
- 3451 OLPC XO-4 - LEDs selftest, try to light all LEDs together until spacebar is pressed, or ten seconds has elapsed.
- 3444 USB - Changed selftest logic so that it will not destroy (by wanton reprobing) the setup of devices that were connected prior to the execution of selftest. This fixes OLPC trac ticket #12254 and corrects the fix to OLPC trac ticket #11845. I also made it possible to invoke the fisheye test by supplying the argument "fisheye" to the usb path, as in "test /usb:fisheye" or "test /usb:fisheye/hub" . The fisheye test is only available when diag-switch? is false.
- 3443 OLPC XO-4 - touchscreen firmware programming, fix INCREDIBLE slowness problem ticket #12327 by following TI specification, convert progress bar to using hex file byte position instead of load address, since load address is outside our control.
- 3442 OLPC - report NiMH battery cooling status bit
- 3441 OLPC - use additional graphical indicators for different reflash operations, yellow dots for EC, and plus signs for touchscreen
- 3440 OLPC XO-4 - touchscreen response timing estimation tweaks for 0.0.0.8
- 3439 OLPC XO-4 - fix second open of touchscreen device, was caused by timing change that broke test-response, review and reword all aborts, guard the calls in selftest to prevent "No selftest method for /touchscreen", and avoid a second version check during boot
- 3438 OLPC ARM accelerometer test - more tweaks to the test limits as suggested by the vendor.
- 3437 OLPC XO-4 - new touchscreen firmware 0.0.0.8 with four finger support, slight compensating changes to timing of deactivate, avoid expecting boot complete message unless a reset is done.
- C2 support
- NIMH battery cooling support,