The Sydney (Australia) OLPC User Group is not currently active. For other ways to get involved, please refer to the OLPC Australia participation page. Offers from active community contributors to take over this group would be gladly considered. Please contact Sridhar Dhanapalan.
OLPC Australia personnel are often present at the Sydney Linux Users Group.
The content of this section is considered
DEPRECATED and OBSOLETE
It is preserved for historical or documenting reasons.
The Sydney (Australia) OLPC User Group meets monthly to do testing, hacking and general techie activities around the OLPC. Announcements are made through the OLPC Friends mailing list.
Many thanks to the Welly NZ Testers who have created such a great model for OLPC testing.
The next OLPC Friends Hackfest will be on 26th July at L&T workshop room 416, Level 4 Mathews Building UNSW.
June: 21st June, 2009.
May: 17th May, 2009.
Actions for next meeting
- Testing Activities for G1G1; use http://wiki.laptop.org/go/G1G1_Activity_testing and http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_smoke_testing to report testing.
- Testing Image 8.2.1 (802 build)
- Keep working on our testing strategy to ensure we are getting it right.
- Keep having fun!
Bonus testing options
- Write usage instructions and expected feature lists on the Activity wiki page, so users know more what to expect - http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/Analyze as an example.
- Contact Activity maintainers (all of them have emails listed on their userpages now) with your feedback, and ask how it can be made most helpful to them. (Cc the testing list, please, so we hear their feedback too!)
- After every testing sprint Pia will report on the groups progress to http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/testing and to the OLPC Friends website which is aggregated at http://planet.laptop.org.
Who's got what
Add your laptop below to the testing group. Mitchell will bring 5 or more extra XOs every session.
Where are the laptops?
| Laptops || Who ||
| 5 laptops || Mitchell Seaton ||
| 3 laptops || John Ferlito ||
| 2 laptops || Margaret ||
Tips for Testing
Log of things done
We'll list our achievements as we go.
Saturday 20th December 2008
- Attendees - Pia Waugh, Jeff Waugh, Aimee Forsstrom + 2, John Ferlito, Benjamin Pfeiffer, Nick Cross + 1, Henry, David Schweinsberg, Nick, Margaret
- About half the group were doing testing of the G1G1 Activities, others were discussing potential trials, partnerships and potential development projects.
- Hours: ~3hrs
Saturday 28th February 2009
Sunday 26th April 2009
Sunday 17th May 2009
- Upgraded 5 XO laptops to 802 build
- Showed Charles' how to flash NAND, olpc-update and Developer Key.
- Discussion re. networking and teacher training.
Sunday 21st June 2009
- Attendees - Mitchell Seaton, Andy Owen, Nick Sewell, Charles Chen
- SoaS XO-1 img to NAND
- SoaS latest snapshot testing
- Activity testing (Distance, Pippy, Turtle Art and more)
- Discussions re. deployments