OLPC Rochester, NY/Event history/22January2009
This night was the first meeting of the New and Improved OLPC Rochester at the Golisano College Auditorium at RIT.
Roughly half of the meeting attendees came with multiple XOs, so everyone had the opportunity to get their hands on one, some of them for the first time.
At this initial "getting to know you and the XO" kind of meeting, brief introductions to each other and longer introductions to the movement and the machine were the order of the day. As you can see from the meeting photo we had a great group of folks...
Both the Lab for Technological Literacy and Fred Grose were able to loan out some of their machines for members to take home and work with.
The Agenda for our next meeting includes…
- Professor Jeff Sonstein on the potential use of the XO in disaster-recovery efforts.
- Fred Grose on getting started with Etoys and Squeak
- Bill Hickok on getting started with Pippy and Python
- Karlie has also offered to bring some CDs for PC and Mac Sugar emulation for those interested.
- Drop Stephen Jacobs a line to let him know if you’d like one and which flavor.
Thanks to Karlie for her offer, Fred for lending out machines and posting this to the wiki, Chuck for driving the 60 some odd miles to bring his 5 XO’s to the meeting and the rest of y’all for joining us.
- --submitted by Stephen Jacobs