OLPC SW-ECO 3
Revision as of 02:31, 30 July 2008 by Skierpage
This page is monitored by the OLPC team.
- Mexico Build and Customization Key
- Date proposed
- Target date
- week of 2008-03-02
- Trac items
- NOT ADDRESSED: 6432, 5719
- high. Mexico deployment is blocking on the release.
- Michael Stone
- Reviewers should include: Michael, Bernie, Scott, Jim, Scott, Tomeu
- Special testing required
- Manufacturing: none
- Field: manual reflash and customization to all Mexico machines.
- OLPC_SW-ECO_3 Checklist (initially cloned from USR_Checklist)
 Issue list
- Mexico wants to install different activities than those contained in build 656.
- First-boot customizations make 'save-nand'-based customizations risky to deploy.
- In order for olpc-update to respect Mexico's activity-set choice, future builds must not contain activities that Mexico has removed.
 Proposed Fix(es)
- Remove all activities but those listed in . Pilgrim patches 5dcc698187a5a7c274eb5b63b821c091e67b17f9, ee82840f79835e4d36f1e1d8f292ec6bafd08352, and 4d5477eef31f3e237e60112fdbbcf810fb80c3f1 accomplish this. Unsigned Build 659 was built with these patches, but pre-release testing has disqualified it. Further discussion at the March 5, 2008 Software Status Meeting led to a decision to seek a build based on the 69x series since this series has much more complete Spanish translations.
- Create and sign a kernel+initramfs that will boot the system, unpack some bundles, and power down the system. Done in irfs-udebs; signed customization logic is available.
 Suggested tests
- Specific tests include preparing a USB key with a suitable signed build, signed initramfs, and 'bundles' customization directory, then using it to reflash and customize a write-protected Spanish-language laptop.
 Test Results
Installation & Customization Test