|2007 status: yellow|
Zambia is a historically peaceful country in the process of an economic development boom. According to the wikipedia, "In 2010, the World Bank named Zambia one of the world's fastest economically reformed countries.". It is a fertile ground for an OLPC program.
- 2012 or 2013: a first OLPC class has been established with some 10 OLPC XO's.
- 2008: Thus far, there is one known laptop in Zambia. If you are interested in raising funds to start a pilot program
in conjunction with the Chipulmutso Community School in Jowell Village, please contact Dan Sutera.
- Have a look at the youtube presentation of OLPC Zambia in the new library buildings, built in a traditional style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32jeogOT72E&list=PL4OEMOc6385U9NTgA4J_exd-Ulw8iGOII - minute 47:42 --SvenAERTS 17:56, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
- Jowell Village, Eastern Province
- Bemba [bem] 3,300,000
- Nyanja [nya] 1,600,000
- Tonga [toi] 1,380,000
- Mambwe-Lungu [mgr] 262,800
- Lala-Bisa [leb] 371,000