Revision as of 00:14, 10 July 2012 by Quozl
oatstime is an Open Firmware client implementation for setting the XO system time from an OATS server.
- an OATS server, or a spare laptop,
- the deployment keys,
- a USB drive.
- if using a spare laptop as an OATS server, download and install Oatslite, configure the laptop to use NTP, and set a static IP address,
- download the Open Firmware oatstime.fth file,
- edit the file to add the domain name or IP address of the OATS server,
- edit the file to replace the oats-pubkey with the deployment public key,
- if a wireless network is to be used, edit the file to add essid,
- sign the file,
- copy the signed file to the USB drive.
- a USB drive containing the signed file,
- if a wired network is to be used, a USB Ethernet adapter,
- if a wireless network is to be used, a nearby access point,
- the XO with incorrect system time,
- if a wired network is to be used, insert the USB Ethernet adapter,
- insert the USB drive,
- hold down the four game keys,
- turn on the XO,
- wait for the message "Set clock to".