Parent education courses
This page is not maintained by the OLPC team. (See: About this wiki)
One could acquire non-exclusive (e.g. e-book only) publishing rights outside Germany for (e.g.) kess-erziehen and translate to other languages, especially languages from underdeveloped countries.
Parent Education Course Writer's Guide
The second edition of Parent Education Course Writer's Guide is available in German and English.
The complete second edition is now available under Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike. The German version contains some passages that are not yet available in English, but they are marked in the English version with "translation pending".
Translations of the Wikibook to other languages are welcome.
"The essence of that knowledge is not complicated: learning begins at birth, and a loving, secure, stimulating environment, with time devoted to play, reading, talking and listening to infants and young children, lays down the foundations for cognitive and social skills. No government can therefore ignore the issue of what happens in the preschool years." unicef-irc.org
See also: Early Childhood (unicef-irc.org)
- Freedom and Limits for Teens
- Guiding Children's Behavior
- Parenting Style and its Correlates
- Peer Pressure
- Managing Anger
- Helping Children Manage their Feelings
- Children's Feelings
- Teen Issues
- Building Family Strengths: Values
- Self-Esteem Development
- ABC's of Good Parenting
- Raising Teens: Messages for Parents
- Spend Time Together
- Family Meetings
- Tips on Role Modeling
- Five Most Common Parenting Mistakes: The Potholes and Their Fixes
- Mistakes: What Parents Can do to Help Their Children be Less Fearful about Mistakes and Setbacks
- Controlling Parental Anger
- The Uphill Struggle -- Getting Young Children To Clean Up Their Rooms
- Discipline and Challenging Child Behavior