Revision as of 15:09, 28 July 2010 by 220.127.116.11
| NOTE: The contents of this page are not set in stone, and are subject to change!|
This page is a draft in active flux ...
|This command is run from the GNOME menu or the Terminal Activity. Using the 'wine' interface to run Microsoft Windows applications. The GUI will probably not integrate comfortably with the Sugar environment, but should work okay with GNOME. Your user experience may vary considerably depending on the established environment and the other programs running on the laptop, and may need re-installation after an OS Update. See the Microsoft Windows software category for similar commands.|
$ sudo yum install --nogpgcheck ./picasa-2.7.3736-11.i386.rpm
Dependencies ============================================================================= Package Arch Version Repository Size ============================================================================= Installing: picasa i386 2.7.3736-7 ./picasa-2.7.3736-7.i386.rpm 82 M Installing for dependencies: gphoto2 i386 2.3.1-5.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 1.4 M hpijs i386 1:1.7.4a-6.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 293 k libexif i386 0.6.15-3.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 231 k libieee1284 i386 0.2.11-1.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 33 k libsane-hpaio i386 1.7.4a-6.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 64 k lockdev i386 1.0.1-11.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 15 k net-snmp-libs i386 1:5.4-16.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 1.1 M sane-backends i386 1.0.18-15.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 1.0 M sane-backends-libs i386 1.0.18-15.fc7 olpc_koji-update1 2.3 M ============================================================================= Install 10 Package(s) Total download size: 89 MB
- Wine 0.9.20 is included with Picasa (for Linux), allows to run Microsoft Windows programs.
- Under Sugar GUI, you can do other Activities while loading, Alt-Tab to switch Activities.
- Under Sugar GUI, Picasa may open a dialog window which is not visible in Sugar. Alt-Tab to active this dialog box or switch between activities.
- Load times are 5 to 10 minutes, as picture catalog is being built, wait until 'splash box' goes away.
- Some packages don't have a proper pgp key, so need to skip pgp installation with --nogpgcheck