Projects/Intelligent Predictor Application for XO
This page will be used to update the current status of this project.
20/4/2009 - Submitted the proposal of this project
4/5/2009 - Received the laptops
6/5/2009 - Got developer key - Updated one of the laptops to Sugar 8.2.0 build release.(The other kept as a clean netbook(old build) as for testing purposes)
7/5/2009 -Managed to boot Xubuntu(8.10) Intrepid from SD card on XO.(Instructions + Image file)
- XO as the medium for the application
- To test and show the capability of XO in running AI(Artificial Intelligence) program.
- To stimulate the learning process for children who use XO.
- Help children to think logically
- To assist any users of the application helping them to make a decision based on the model of knowledge they entered into the application
Plan and Procedure for Achieving the Stated Objectives:
- Develop the application interface using Python programming language (4 months)
- Include a machine learning theory calls Naïve Bayes Theorem into the application (4 months)
- Test the application in real world environment and fix any issues related to the application (6 months)
Why is this project needed?
- To show the capability of computer in helping making a decision
- Lack of AI application that are user-friendly for children
- Expose the use of computer with AI capability to children in primary schools in Malaysia
In the greater OLPC/Sugar community?
- Expose the AI algorithm to the community and helping others in develop other application based on the algorithm
Outside the community?
- It’ll be a great way to demonstrates the XO capability in running AI application and promotes open source to the world.