How to install signed build 36 of release 13.1.0.
ALL USER DATA WILL BE ERASED FROM THE LAPTOP!
|laptop model||image file||signature file|
- Download the files from the table above to the USB or SD drive, and rename the signature file,
- Make a copy of any data you wish to keep,
- Check that the battery is inserted and locked,
- Check that the power cord is in place and the battery indicator is green,
- Turn off the laptop, unless it is already off,
- Insert the USB drive into any USB port on the laptop,
- Hold down all four game keys above the power button,
- Turn on the laptop,
- Wait for the message Release the game keys to continue,
- Release the game keys.
Installation progress will be displayed as a series of blocks on screen. Green colour will fill most but possibly not all blocks. It will take about five to ten minutes. Once finished, the laptop will reboot automatically. You may remove the USB or SD drive during or after the reboot.
The USB or SD drive can be used on other laptops.
If installation progress is not displayed, you may be running an old firmware version which does not recognise the .zip file. Upgrade the firmware first (see Firmware).
If you see a message Boot failed then either:
- the USB or SD drive has not been properly prepared, or;
- the firmware is out of date and should be updated (see Firmware).