How to install 13.2.1 on an XO-1 laptop.
You can install either on the internal storage of the laptop, or onto an SD card inserted into the slot under the power button. Choose one of:
How to install signed build 14 of release 13.2.1 on XO-1.
ALL USER DATA WILL BE ERASED FROM THE LAPTOP!
- Prepare the USB or SD drive:
- Download 32014o0.img, see How to Download,
- Save the file to the top directory of the drive,
- Download 32014o0.img.fs0.zip,
- Save the file to the top directory of the same drive,
- Rename the file to fs0.zip, (removing the 32014o0.img part of the name),
- Check that the drive contains at least the two files fs0.zip and 32014o0.img.
- Prepare the laptop:
- Make a copy of any data you wish to keep,
- Check that the battery is inserted and locked,
- Check that the power cord is in place and the battery indicator is green,
- Turn off the laptop, unless it is already off,
- Insert the USB drive into any USB port on the laptop,
- Start installing:
- Hold down all four game keys above the power button,
- Turn on the laptop,
- Wait for the message Release the game keys to continue,
- Release the game keys.
Installation progress will be displayed. Green colour will fill yellow blocks. It will take about five minutes. Once finished, the laptop will reboot automatically. You may remove the USB or SD drive during or after the reboot.
The USB or SD drive can be used on other laptops. If installation progress is not displayed, you may be running an old firmware version which does not recognise the fs0.zip file. Rename fs0.zip to fs.zip and trying again. If you see a message Boot failed then either:
- the USB or SD drive has not been properly prepared, or;
- the firmware is out of date and should be updated (see Firmware).
For best performance, add an SD card and enable swap.
- select an SD card of at least 4GB; the faster the better, but it will be erased by the process below,
- select a USB drive of at least 1GB,
- download 32014o0.zip (601 MB) and expand the contents onto the USB drive,
- Shutdown the XO-1,
- insert the USB drive and the SD card into the XO-1,
- hold down all four game keys above the power button,
- turn on the laptop,
- wait for the message Release the game keys to continue,
- release the game keys, progress will be displayed, grey blocks will turn green, and the screen will show:
Blocks/square: 2 Total blocks: 14195 Now writing: 70 0 % Installing to SD card ..... please wait.
- after a few minutes it will show:
Blocks/square: 2 Total blocks: 14195 Now writing: 0 0 % Rebooting in 10 seconds ... please wait.
- it is finished, you may the USB drive then, during the reboot, or after the reboot.
For best performance, enable swap.