- select an SD card of at least 4GB; the faster the better, but it will be erased by the process below,
- select a USB drive of at least 1GB,
- download 32014o0.zip (601 MB) and expand the contents onto the USB drive,
- Shutdown the XO-1,
- insert the USB drive and the SD card into the XO-1,
- hold down all four game keys above the power button,
- turn on the laptop,
- wait for the message Release the game keys to continue,
- release the game keys, progress will be displayed, grey blocks will turn green, and the screen will show:
Blocks/square: 2 Total blocks: 14195 Now writing: 70 0 %
Installing to SD card ..... please wait.
- after a few minutes it will show:
Blocks/square: 2 Total blocks: 14195 Now writing: 0 0 %
Rebooting in 10 seconds ... please wait.
- it is finished, you may the USB drive then, during the reboot, or after the reboot.