Here is a (growing) list of requests related to other work described on this wiki.
- For tasks related to specific projects, see Projects.
- For more information about activities with their own sugar packaging, see the Activities page.
- For more information about activities that could use your help, see the Participate page.
- For a list of specific pages asked to be translated (see also Translating and its how-to)
- For art requests, see Art Wanted.
- See the list of everything in the Tasks Category.
- Icon design: Xbook et al (cf. Don Hopkins); Calculator; Game activities
- pygtk help: for music activities
- Help needed with Educational ideas
- Outline the best way to use the XO as a Datalogger; update the OLPC as Datalogger page with this information.
- Flesh out ideas about teaching students to make tools for art creation in resource-poor areas; create wiki page with these ideas linked from Educational ideas.
- If you are an educator with experience using computers in the classroom, we need your input on questions listed at Basic Teacher Training.
- Help needed with Educational activity ideas
- Outline the steps needed to set up a functioning Key Pals program that connects children using XOs either with children in developed countries or with children using XOs in other countries.
- Implement semantic fields in either squeak or etoys.
- Help needed with Software ideas
- Create various calculating, data analysis and visualization, and financial tools.
- Develop language-learning tools and ask content owners to contribute free language resources (dictionaries, thesauruses, etc) in OLPC-friendly formats.
- Develop or adapt for XOs science-learning tools.
- Develop programs that use XOs to aid in physical education and training.
- Develop XO programs for creation and recording of art.
- Develop XO programs for music education (make sure you look at TamTam before beginning).
- Develop XO communications applications (VOIP, email, etc).
- Develop XO educational tools.
- Develop XO games. A variety of games are currently in development; try searching the wiki to get an idea of what's being done.
- See other Software ideas
- Free and open source educational content is needed.
- Develop a Class orchestra activity.
- Translation/localization into En, from Es/De/Fr Sj talk
- See also Translators
- Some online design/interface design help : Humanized.com (contact User:Ianb for more)
- Mentoring or hosting or site design : from name.com
now & urgent
Conall Ryan - looking for one contractor to work on reading apps and early-childhood game porting to sugar
Name.org - looking for someone to help them make their efforts more useful to OLPC; incl. at least one programmer
now & ongoing
UNICEF - constantly looking for python programmers; could use another 1-2 contractors to work on
Ben Nardone - looking for one volunteer to work on health-related work
in the future
World Food Program - theoretically looking for a programmer once they find support for a next-generation food-force game, perhaps in a few months.