Description & Goals
This is a very simple Activity which provides non-interactive screen images of a ruler, cm and mm grids, and a cm checker board.
The checker broard is mainly intended as a photo target, though moving your head in and out shows interesting perception distortions.
- Provide an accessible tool to measure screen-sized objects.
- Encourage length/area measurement, counting.
None direct. Intended as a supporting tool for exploring the world.
- There are several good suggestions in Talk, which should be implemented.
- Button selection should change when clicked on (pretty, but lower priority than adding content).
- Missing priority po files: fr.
- None available
Check the size of the screen ruler with a real physical ruler.
Wander around measuring things with your xo. Feedback encouraged.
- 2008-09-xx Ruler-3.xo Morgan Collett added copyright headers to create this version for G1G1'08. The activity itself is unchanged.
- 2007-11-29 Ruler-2.xo New name. Improved icon (by HoboPrimate). Initial localization (ar,de,en,es,nl,pt,ru,th). Added rules to edge of screen, and to edge of laptop. Added crufty unlabeled protractors.
- 2007-08-08 Renamed activity to Ruler.
- 2007-07-13 Rule-1.xo Considered renaming project to Ruler from Rule. Haven't yet. People don't like the current name. And as this is more of a tool than an "activity", we could stop bending over backwards to follow HIG naming guidelines that a verb be used. This might also simplify translation. Though "rule" is more applicable to the grids than "ruler" is. Blech.
|Genre:||Math and Science|
|Short description:||This is a very simple Activity which provides non-interactive screen images of a ruler, cm and mm grids, and a cm checker board.|
|Available languages (codes):|
|URL from which to download the latest .xo bundle||http://dev.laptop.org/~morgan/bundles/other/Ruler-3.xo|
|Last tested version number:||3|
|The releases with which this version of the activity has been tested.||8.2.0 (767)|
|Ready for testing (development has progressed to the point where testers should try it out):|
|smoke tested :|
|test plan available :|
|test plan executed :|
|developer response to testing :|