Revision as of 00:00, 26 April 2014 by Quozl
A list of similar projects to One Laptop per Child.
Projects should be briefly described, with their similarities.
- http://www.mobileschool.org (describe) (how do they align?)
- http://www.warchild.org (describe)
- http://www.ineesite.org - International Network for Education in Emergencies
- http://www.unicef.org/media/media_42085.html (describe)
- http://www.teacherswithoutborders.org (describe)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (add link here) cf their link on the page Netherlands- organises a class on Open Source and OLPC
- Intel Classmate
- Asus EEEpc
- the 99+9=108€ 7 inch Pupiltab and the 10 inch' Teachtab competitors to the Apple iPad
- 20120509: "Belgian company comes with 99€ budget tablets for education that are nearly as good as an iPad3" 2 devices: the 7 inch "Pupiltab 'and the 10 inch' Teachtab. All units are equipped with Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich, a multitouch screen, a 1.2 GHz Cortex A8 Core processor, 2 USB ports, an HDMI and a MicroSD port and 512Mb/1Gb 4Gb/16Gb RAM and internal memory. The devices are WiFi enabled, and can be provided an additional 3G dongle via the Internet. More: Analysis and actions by OLPC Open Community and OLPC Europe http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Competing_projects_in_Belgium . After 2 years the tablets loose screws, they were never able to surf the web. Models were changed for an upgrade and way beyond 240 €. This cost is significantly above the cost of an XO tablet.
- http://cubox-i.com/ - $54.99 - $69.99 - $129.99 open source computer without screen, keyboard, ... . Adding a display and keyboard, battery, and larger case, would be much higher than the cost of an XO laptop or an XO tablet.