Slider Puzzle: Lesson 3
(Difference between revisions)
Current revision as of 13:26, 5 July 2007
 Slider Puzzle Lesson 3: “My Own Picture” (Conveying original ideas)
- From the Home screen of your XO, click on the “Paint” program.
- Explore how the Paint activity works. Play and experiment with all the fun features (brushes, bucket, spray, different colors, etc.)
- Create a picture that you would like to turn into a Slider puzzle. Save it as “sliderpuzzle1” and close Paint.
- Open the Slider Puzzle.
- Click on the “My Own Picture” button to find your “sliderpuzzle1” image. A file finder window will open -- look for “sliderpuzzle1” and click on it. Then click the “OK” button. The file finder will close and your image will appear in the Slider Puzzle.
- Play with your puzzle. Could you solve it? What made it hard or easy to solve? Switch laptops with a friend and try to solve one of their original puzzle images.
- Share your experiences as a group: What makes an image easy or difficult to solve as a puzzle? Which strategies were helpful? One student should record this conversation on their XO Laptop using the “Write” program.
- Now try creating a puzzle picture using the Camera. Take a photo and save it as “sliderpuzzle2” and close Camera. Go back to Slider Puzzle and open the new image from “My Own Picture” as before, then play with it.