Sugar is the core of the OLPC Human Interface. Its goal is to turn the Laptop into a fun, easy to use, social experience that promotes sharing and learning.
- Building the XO: Introducing Sugar - Red Hat Magazine 2007-02-23
- Build from sources, and get started.
- Read the human interaction guidelines
- Get an overview of the architecture
- Write your own activity
- Check out the code snippets library
- Understanding sugar code organization.
- See a list of Sugar activities and specifications.
- Sugar source repository
- Current trac tickets, sorted by category. The TODO list.
- Subscribe to the mailing list (here are its archives)
- Join the irc channel
- Give sugar some love! These are bugs in sugar which are already triaged, with good instructions on how to fix them in most cases, and can be fixed with the LiveCD.
- Test and report issues
Get Sugar~ try Sugar out, via emulator or Live CD, on your favorite machines. Take a picture of your desktop or laptop running sugar, and leave a thumbnail and note below about what build you used and how it worked. We have new LiveCD images coming out this week(?).