I have this program on my DS, and it is amazing on that platform. It's such a shame that the current version of the XO doesn't have a touchscreen—otherwise, the experience would be largely the same. It's my understanding that the XO 2.0 will have one, though, so that's something to look forward to. I haven't tried your port on the XO, yet, but the screenshots look great. —Joe 18:30, 11 January 2008 (EST)
Fancy an activity icon?
I've made these activity icons a while ago. They are "sugarized" SVG's, ready for use, and you can have them if you think they one of them fits the activity. Looking forward to seeing Colors! using the tablet mode of the touchpad :)
Any sugestions to improve the icons to fit more with the activity, are welcome as well! I'm not sure which one I prefer...HoboPrimate 22:08, 16 January 2008 (EST)
- Hi, I've redone the icon, so that the paint beneath the brush doesn't intersect it, when it is on the activity bar. I also tried a new layout for both. I prefer it, it seems to integrate better with the style of the other icons, but tell me what you think.
HoboPrimate 02:51, 3 April 2008 (EDT)
- On 2nd thought, it's not that great. I'll think better about it. HoboPrimate 06:29, 3 April 2008 (EDT)
- Thanks, let me know when you're happy with it and I'll switch it out (I think the new one looks great anyway). By the way, if you are interested in working on more icons for Colors!, I posted some to the Art wanted page. Thanks again for your help!
- hey, just wanted to tell you that i like the current (first) icon as it is! looks very nice and professional on my xo! cool work! :) colors rocks! - one of my most favourite Activities. 100-Dollar-Man 15:49, 7 April 2008 (EDT)
Problem in newer builds
Please see new bug in Trac (Trac #8335)
Paint with Color Based Object Tracking on the OLPC XO
Nirav Patel created a "tech demo" modified version of Colors-3.
But... it doesn't appear to work with 8.2.0. :( MitchellNCharity 19:50, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- Nirav's code was integrated into the Colors! releases after he published it. The latest version has the same feature, based on the same code. wade 20:33, 17 November 2008 (UTC)
- That said, in 8.2.0 the pixel format returned by the camera has changed and the feature no longer works correctly. It's disabled until we can get around to fixing it. wade 03:04, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
The wacom installation script doesn't work on my xo-1.5, giving a few errors in process. Not sure where to write about this, so adding it to the discussion page. ~~Nina