Talk:Damn Small Linux
 Delete it?
Why would you delete it? Damn Small Linux exists.
- Because the only thing linking to it is the Minimal Linux distros page, and that it doesn't really add anything to the wiki? It's not that I want it to be deleted, but wouldn't miss the page at all... existance is not synonim for relevance... :) --Xavi 07:52, 8 March 2007 (EST)
- You could delete that page too then. There's no point deleting this if you don't delete the rest. AlbertCahalan 08:27, 8 March 2007 (EST)
- Probably the best solution is to replace the links in the Minimal Linux distros page to 'irrelevant' local pages (no offense) by a link to the official sites. You still 'refer' to them, so people can maybe try them if they wish to, but not waste 'local energy' dealing with them ;)
- If they prove 'worthy' or 'relevant', then they'll be back :)
 I disagree
I don't think this page or any other minimal linux distro page should be deleted. The purpose of this wiki is to explain the OLPC laptop, not to provide pointers to sites of questionable relevance.
If the minimal linux distro page only provides links to official sites, then it is useless. But if it explains that OLPC's OS has a lineage and a pedigree and that DSL is one of those related systems, then the page is useful. Similarly this DSL page should be here just as it is as a BRIEF SUMMARY of DSL in a way that is relevant to OLPC.
- I agree. It is important to let people know that small linux distros are out there and we can be learning from them as we develop our own distro. --Walter 04:23, 28 April 2007 (EDT)
Came looking for information on installing DSL on an OLPC. Delete the page if it doesn't have this information as the official DSL pages are much more useful.