Etoys OLPC
 A good overview of Etoys on the OLPC (even in its draft form.)
 Dual-resolution display? Is that the right emphasis?
There is currently a section "Dual-resolution display". Is that really the right emphasis? I thought we were trying to get away from the great confusion created by speaking of modes. The intro paragraph of a moment ago even implied you couldn't view color mode in sunlight!
Perhaps we should be using a simpler story.
- You can always see at least grayscale, even in direct sunlight.
- You get color from the backlight. Though as sunlight gets brighter, the colors wash out and it again looks like grayscale.
- The backlight uses power. So you can turn it down, and off, to make the battery last longer.
- Turning off the backlight also tells the screen to not worry about color, so it can give you a slightly higher resolution. Which can make hours of reading more comfortable.
MitchellNCharity 13:40, 18 August 2007 (EDT)
- That section was inherited from the old software notes. I hadn't gotten to editing it yet. I do like your suggestions. --Walter 14:08, 18 August 2007 (EDT)