Talk:OLPC India/Khairat school
We are testing our Internet connection directly from Khairat school. Though it is extremely slow even with only one XO,...we're looking into it already :)--Carla 13:25, 29 September 2007 (EDT)
- Great! Which means the XOs are successfully accessing internet through the school server! --Arjs 09:50, 29 September 2007 (EDT)
Marathi, blogging, and translation
Moved from Talk:Khairat_Today.
- There is an Marathi wikipedia. A search for "olpc" didn't find anything. Perhaps a page might be created?
- Re "Rajiv doesn't speak English and the visitors didn't speak Marathi", perhaps he or someone might blog in Marathi? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marathi#External_links suggests there is a blogging community. http://marathiblogs.net/
- Perhaps we can encourage someone to do a crude Marathi->en web page transliterator, perhaps doing "mouse over Marathi word gives Marathi-to-English dictionary entry"?
- On our wiki pages, including school/village/etc names in the original unicode might be helpful. Even when you don't have the fonts to render them, you can still cut and paste for searching.
MitchellNCharity 16:56, 1 November 2007 (EDT)