TamTam will feature 2 different tools to interact with the GUI:
- Pointer (Selection mode)
- Pen (Drawing mode)
We are aiming for a simple interaction scheme where the following controls will be used:
- Left button click (double and triple clicks also possible)
- Right button click (double and triple clicks also possible)
- Delete key on the keyboard
- Shift and Ctrl keys on the keyboard
- Top sliders on the keyboard
 Selection mode (Pointer tool)
The Selection mode is the main mode in TamTam. It will allow the user to select Notes/Tracks/Pages/TunePages and interact with them. The GUI is currently sliced in these different parts:
- The Notes/Tracks Canvas
- The Page Bank
- The Tune layout
- The Track header (Instrument, Volume Slider, mute/solo)
These sections will describe how interaction is handled in each different section of the GUI.
 Notes/Tracks Canvas
 Selection of tracks
Left clicking a track will select that track. Left clicking on a track will always de-select tracks that were previously selected. In order to select multiple tracks, the user needs to right click the tracks. You can therefore select a first track by left clicking and continue selecting other tracks by right clicking. You can also start your selection by right clicking if you know you want to select multiple tracks. Double clicking in an empty space of a track will select all notes within the track. Triple clicking in an empty space of a track will select all tracks and all notes within the tracks. Left clicking and dragging (an empty space) will show a marquee which will allow the selection of notes within the dragged range.
- Left click: Selects a track and de-selects previously selected tracks
- Right click: Selects a track without de-selecting previously selected tracks
- Double click emtpy space: Selects all notes within double clicked track
- Triple click empty space: Selects all tracks and all notes within tracks
- Left click and drag: creates a marquee to select notes
 Note selection and interaction
Notes can be selected the same way tracks are selected. Left clicking a note will select it and de-select any other selected note. Right clicking a note will continue to select the notes without de-selection. Double clicking a note will show the paremeter window for that note. Double clicking a group of selected notes will show the parameter window for the selected notes. Pressing the "Delete" key on the keyboard or pressing the "Delete" button on the GUI will delete selected notes. Note that only selecting a track and pressing the "Delete" key or button will not delete notes, notes need to be selected to be deletable.
- Left click a note: Selects the note and de-selects previously selected notes
- Right click a note: Selects the note without de-selecting previously selected notes
- Double click a note: Shows the parameter window for the note
- Double click a group of notes: Shows the parameter window for the group of notes
- Pressing the "Delete" key or button: Deletes selected notes
 Page Bank
Following the selection logic present in other parts of the GUI, selection in the Page Bank should work as follows : Left clicking will select a page and de-select any previously selected page. Right clicking will select pages without de-selecting previously selected pages. When the user left or right clicks, the last selected page is displayed in the Note/Track canvas. Double clicking a page in the Page Bank should select all instances of this page in the Tune View for easy access/deletion. Triple clicking on a page should select all tracks of that page. Clicking and dragging should allow the user to drag one or several page to the Tune View. The pages would be inserted at the location where the user drops the pages. (A visual indicator should allow the user to see where the pages will be inserted)
- Left click a page: Selects the page and de-selects previously selected pages
- Right click a page: Selects the page without de-selecting previously selected pages
- Double click a page: Selects the corresponding pages in the Tune View.
- Triple click a page: Selects all tracks of that page.
- Pressing the "Delete" key or button: Deletes notes from the selected page.
- Click and drag: Will allow the user to drag a page or group of pages to the Tune View.