Attending: Jim, Kim, Chih-yu, Daniel, Michail
Automated Testing - Tinderbox
- Try to get tinderbox back up and running
Activity Testing - Goal is to push this into the community for testing
OLPC testing (things that can only be tested at 1CC)
- New features/functionality
Testing thoughts for Update1:
- Need to resurrect the list of B2 exhaustive test spreadsheet to get into major release
- Need to augment one-hour test to include all the new features
- Need to add known bugs to the test cases: ie. when you change X, you need to test scroll pad
- Need to add scaling and performance tests
- Need to add school server testing with Laptops
- Signed OS images can be reinstalled from the school server
- Backup from XO to school server; restore
- olpc-update should work with the school server
- local jabber
- Olpc-update on all three supported encryption infrastructure AP.
- New wireless driver testing
- Security fix in X is coming; will we have to take it in Update1?
- Q2D08, too many bug fixes for the ship2.2 patch - would be good for Update1
- EC code fixes for suspend and resume could go into Update1
- Wireless firmware, p49
- Is it going to be possible to turn OFF the automated update - should this feature be in ship2.2?
- Can Dennis help with 656 usb missing file?
- One-hour smoke test took about 2 days - due to network access and some journal interaction.
- One thought is that you should reboot just before you start 656 testing... this shouldn't be as bad in joyride/Update1
- If there is still a very slow sugar frame bug; it needs to be logged in trac
- If there is still memory hogging after 2 days of no reboots; that is a bug
- New content bundle still can't be installed on joyride, as of 2008-01-07 (joyride-1489). See #5840 -- Chihyu 15:05, 7 January 2008 (EST)
- Wireless driver was entirely rewritten and will need a lot of testing.
- Perhaps this big a rewrite is too risky for Update1
- p49 put probes back in for ad-hoc support
- 5.110.22.p0 is currently under test
- Some timing related issues, such as retries
- Remove some excessive debug events
Control panel feature requests:
- Be able to turn off all probe requests
- mDNS doesn't get repeated by the mesh in a classroom environment (dense/classroom scenario) for specific applications