Revision as of 00:40, 30 January 2008 by Chihyu
- Difference between B4 machines and MP machines
- B4 machines are NOT secured, and please don't bother to secure them.
- MP machines shipped to other countries are not activated; the ones shipped to G1G1 donors are pre-activated (i.e. user can install signed builds on pre-activated machines).
- How to get started
- Test Group Release Notes
- download the latest build via olpc-update (the latest firmware should already be included in the build)
- trac: get an account if you'd like to file a bug, but search existing tickets before opening a duplicated ticket
- specify machine type (e.g. B4, MP), build (e.g. update.1 690, joyride-1541), firmware (e.g. q2d08a, q2d10)
- steps of reproducing the bug
- attach log files (from /home/olpc/.sugar/default/logs/ and /var/log/)
- select the priority from a user's perspective, but do not assign it to a specific developer
- Report results on wiki
- Other important test cases for Update.1
- USB test (move file from joural to USB, file names may change when viewed from a regular computer)