Test Basic Operation
 Quick Test of Each Activity
- Open and close all the main activities
- Try a few things to make sure the activity if functioning in some capacity
- NOTE:Close all open activities before opening the next activity
- Open Newsreader
- Click on BBC World News in the left hand menu
- Click "Full Entry" on one of the Bulletins that appears
- Newsreader opens successfully
- The left hand menu appears
- Bulletins appear when BBC World News is clicked
- Browse is opened, and the full article is linked to when "Full Entry" is clicked
- Open TamTam
- Click TamTam Jam
- Click two different pictures (one after the other)
- Click the Dice ("Generate" button)
- Click the Stop button
- Click the Record tab
- Click the 1 button and say something quickly into the microphone
- Click on the Play tab
- Click on the microphone labeled 1
- TamTam opens successfully
- Clicking on each of the pictures produces the sound correlated with that picture
- The Generate button creates a beat and starts playing it
- The stop button stops the beat that was playing
- You are able to record a noise on track one and hear it played back
- Open TurtleArt
- Click the green plus sign next to "Project"
- Click Open
- Click on curlygates.tx and then Open
- Click anywhere on the group of blocks to the left
- TurtleArt opens successfully
- You are able to open a saved project
- Clicking on the group of blocks to the left has turtleart create a new design
- Open Record
- Click the camera icon
- Press the top right key on the keyboard (brings up the activities bar)
- drag the picture from the bottom toolbar to the Clipboard (the left-hand side of the screen)
- Record opens successfully
- Clicking the camera icon takes a picture
- The picture appears in the toolbar on the bottom of the screen
- Dragging the picture to the clipboard saves it on the clipboard
- Open Measure
- Move the lower slider (on the bottom toolbar) to the right
- Click stop (on the bottom toolbar)
- Measure opens successfully
- Moving the upper slider to the right creates more variations in the graph
- Clicking stop freezes the graph
- Open Paint
- Click on the "Tools" tab
- Click on the Brush
- Draw two lines on the canvas (by holding and dragging the mouse)
- Paint opens successfully
- You are able to draw multiple lines on the canvas
- Open Chat
- Type something into the window and hit enter
- Join the Chat from another laptop*
- Type and enter messages from each laptop*
- Chat opens successfully
- What is entered in the window shows up as a message in the chat
- Another laptop is able to join the chat*
- Each laptop can see both theirs and the other laptop's messages*
*optional; do if have second laptop
- Open Calculate
- Click the "Trigonometr" tab
- Enter sin(45)
- Calculate opens successfully
- Entering sin(45) yields .707
- Open Etoys
- Click on "Play a Fun Etoys Tutorial Game"
- Go through the first three pages of the tutorial
- Etoys opens successfully
- The tutorial loads and seems to function correctly
- Open Browse
- Click the browse tab
- Enter www.laptop.org in the url window and hit enter
- Browse opens successfully
- The OLPC website is navigated to successfully
- Open Write
- Type a few lines of characters
- Press the top right button on the keyboard (displays the activity bar and clipboard)
- Drag the picture from before from the clipboard onto the document
- Write opens successfully
- Characters typed appear in the document
- Picture dragged from clip art appears in document
- Open Pippy
- Click on "pascal", which is under "math" in the examples bar to the left of the screen
- Click Run
- Click on "playSine"
- Click Run
- Pippy opens successfully
- The pascal example creates pascal's triangle
- The "playSine" sound works perfectly.
Any other Activities on the laptop
- Click on their icon.
- Wait for them to load, and then close them.
- The activity loads properly.
- The activity closes properly.
 Connect to an AP
- Press the mesh view button.
- Click on an available AP.
- Once connected, go back to the home view.
- Open the Browse activity, and try browsing the web.
- The center of the AP circle blinks while the laptop is connecting to it.
- The ring of the AP circle blinks when the laptop is connected to it.
- The laptop is able to browse the web, using the AP.