Test case scenarios to consider in 11.2 (Fedora 14 based XO-1 and XO-1.5 releases):
- Created test case to check: Tests/Activity/Generic/Sanity Check
- Ad-hoc, Mesh (XO-1), and School Server modes
- Unsecure, WEP, WPA & WPA2 support
- Private and non-private invites
- Seeing/Joining an activity in a shared view
- Are all users seen by all users using the activity?
- When the first person to start an activity closes it, do they disappear from the session & network view properly? What about subsequent users? Does the order they disconnect matter?
- Can more than one activity be shared at the same time without interference on the same Wifi channel using the same mode (different modes)? More than one activity per machine?
- What about having two XO users with the same name using the same/different activities? Or the same activity name shared twice?
- Do both large (photos) and small (text) data transfers between XOs work properly?
- Does networking work well with power management? It looks like basic (but not aggressive) powersaving may be enabled by default on XO-1's. Does activities/laptops/activity data added while another laptop is sleeping cause the latter to miss new items?
- How well does the new 0.9x networking stack function in the presence of the old 0.8x networking stack? Does having two sets of XOs running different versions of the network stack sharing activities at the same time on result in either one malfunctioning?
- Are there any performance or other obvious regressions with the new network stack?
- How well does the updated menu bar system work?
- How well does the Circle to Spiral transition work? How many applications can we add to the Spiral before we run out of room?
- Do all the special keys both on the keyboard as well as the upper unit work properly? Even if the screen is rotated?
- Does internationalization support, including right-to-left and other languages with fancy scripts/glyphs work properly?
- Do all the sugar and OLPC command-line based commands work?
- To/from the XO's internal memory from both SD cards and USB media.
- Test large & small items, error conditions, journal entries, activity bundles, collections, etc.
- Do all the power management operations appear to work properly in both Sugar and GNOME?
- Full Antitheft testing (x0 overrides, enable/disable security, short/long term/indefinite(?) leases, lease renewals, mark stolen...)
- School server backup & restore
- ALPS touchpad pen/finger mode toggle support (included in 0.90 if we decide to keep it -- may be potentially confusing for kids).
- IPv6 support (to the extent that we have it -- may become interesting to customers since IANA is running out of IPv4 blocks).
- Memory leak testing (launching activities, extended time left turned on, etc.)
Query for 11.2 test cases
|Short name||System component||System feature|
|Tests/Activity/Manual download||Manual downloading of activity||Activities|
|Tests/Activity/Chat/Public chat||Public Chat||Chat||Chat|
|Tests/Activity/Chat/Private chat||Private Chat||Chat||Chat|
|Tests/Network/XS/AP/Registration||School Server (XS) Registration||Wireless and Network Manager||School server (XS)|
|Tests/Activity/Generic/Sanity Check||Sanity Check||Generic||Smoke test|
|Tests/Sugar Control Panel/Network/Radio Activation||Radio Activation||Sugar Control Panel - Network||Sugar Control Panel#Network|
|Tests/Connectivity/Collaboration||Collaboration: access point environment||collaboration||TestPlan 8.2.0#Network Connectivity/Collaboration|
|Tests/Network/XO/WEP||WEP Access Point connection||Wireless and Network Manager||Wifi Connectivity|
|Tests/Network/XO/Mesh||Mesh network sharing||Wireless and Network Manager||Wifi Connectivity|
|Tests/Network/XO/WPA||WPA Access Point Connection||Wireless and Network Manager||Wifi Connectivity|
|Tests/Network/XO/Unsecured AP||Unsecure network sharing using an access point||Wireless and Network Manager||Wifi Connectivity|
|Tests/Network/XO/Ad-hoc||Ad-hoc network sharing||Wireless and Network Manager||Wifi Connectivity|
|Tests/Network/XO/WPA2||XO connection to WPA2||Wireless and Network Manager||Wifi Connectivity|
|Tests/Boot/Cleaninstall||Use USB stick and cleaninstall the image; secure and not secured||OFW||(Trac #7394)|