Testing Update.1 Results
Testing results for Update.1 release, build 702/703
- Get the latest image 703 (more detailed instructions; if you need a developer key, request it and send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Test instructions
- Please mark the tickets relnote? if you think the bug is worth a relnote. We will mark the bugs relnote+ once we add the information to the Test Group Release Notes.
- Please state below: Name, language tested and Trac tickets you entered information in.
- configuration: Spanish/Spain
- copy-nanded the image
- 6308(relnote?), 5822(relnote?), 6127(relnote?)
- olpc-updated from 653 to update.1-703
- backward compatibility test - all activities are fine except record 6772
- logview issue 6779
Gary C. Martin
- configuration: Spanish/Peru; B4 with http://laptop.org/bundles.zip; not able to execute the multi-XO tests
- updated with olpc-update
- tickets: 6767(relnote?)
- Library index rebuild is not triggered after a language change 6791
Pertaining to activities in the bundles.zip file:
- TamTamJam bottom tabs for Drumkits/Loops/All/Animals/etc... not in Spanish - Etoys, mix of English and some Spanish - Calculate, couple of missing translations (enter & clear), also .xo is not latest version - Words, missing Spanish in UI - StopWatch, missing Spanish - StarChart, missing Spanish - Moon, missing Spanish (it's my activity so I guess my issue) - Scratch, missing Spanish (I'm sure I've used a translated version in the past week from somewhere) - Shame that _so_ many activities do not match Sugar UI requirements... - All activities launched correctly, quickly tested, and could be exited cleanly
- configuration: Portuguese/Brazil; B4 laptop
- updated with olpc-update, and added the activity pack; I couldn't test suspending and sharing between laptops
- tickets: 6771,
- configuration: Spanish/Uruguay; MP laptop
Update from 656 : took 25 minutes over media lab wireless from the Garden. Firmware update, Q2C26d --> Q2D14 : is taking a very very long time. after a few min, talked to Mitch; there's a quirk with the machine; trying a new MP.
- update from 656
- started at 21:45, done 22:06 (21 min)
- firmware is already at Q2d14a (was accidentally left near richard smith for more than 15s)
- pretest take 2 for a spanish machine (es_ur).
- update from build 700 : olpc-update over wifi started at 21:58, wireless cut out. done in <5 min.
- comes up at normal speed. on first load of my home view, however, on one of the two machines I didn't get a frame. I left the view and returned, and the frame was there.
- base system
- sugar-control-panel doesn't work from the root shell; it requires that you be in sugar. This isn't quite clear from the documentation, should be release-noted.
- when I change my colors after removing my sugar info, the old work shows up under my old colors in the journal, and new work shows up under the new colors. It would be useful to have some confirmation that these were still activities started by me - so some text that indicates the user that started a joined activity.
- After booting with half power, I let the machine power down until it was red, then plugged it back in. After an our of charging, it says "battery fully charged" but shows graphically a battery with only ~10% charge.
- initial association with a network was fast. I had spotty connectivity with the media lab from 1CC. Eventually, after successfully transferring ~100MB of data, I was reassociated with mesh 1.
- scholserver: when I associated with the mesh, I automatically found the local school server, from which I was also able to reach the internet.
- However, I was not able to see the schoolserver main page via the browser link, getting an "unable to determine IP address from host name for schoolserver" error. [this is an XS bug, not an XO bug]
- library/browse : navigation and localized bundles are localized; the start page is not. downloading new bundles works, and installs them automatically.
- there were problems with the default bundle index pages; reported and fixed in 704.
- library updates : reindexing the library should be done from the sugar terminal, not the virtual terminal. From the virtual terminal, on a system which has a non-ascii UTF-8 bundlename, you get an encoding error. The virtual terminal has LANG=C which leads to a utf-8 transcoding error when it concatenates the bundle name with the path. see .
- removing bundles from the library by deleting them from the Journal works.
- sugar activity-bar :
- l10n : sugar bar titles are unlocalized for Acoustic Tape Measure, Memorize, News Reader, Log Viewer, Analyze, and Implode.
- updating activities : not tested.