Open a book
Justification: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Read, Self
- Switch to Home view and open the Browse activity.
- Find a URL for a pdf file and download it.
- Mouse over the clipboard selection for the file and select "Open" from its context menu.
- That a clipboard selection icon appears on your clipboard on the left of the Frame.
- That a Journal entry was added for the pdf file you downloaded.
- That a context menu appears when you mouse over your selection, and that clicking "Open" opens Read.
- That a Read activity icon is added to the donut, and that the icon pulses to indicate that the activity ist starting up.
Check Journal status
- Switch to the Home view and open Journal by clicking its icon on the donut.
- That an entry has been added for your Read activity session.
- That the entry displays a preview of the file you had opened.
Scroll through the book
- Use the arrow keys to scroll down to the botttom of the file.
- Then, use click and drag the scrollbar to move to the top of the file quickly.
- That the scrollbar updates automatically as you scroll throughout the program.
- That the d-pad, arrow keys and scrollbar all change your position in the file properly.
- That text and images continue to display properly as you scroll.
- That the page indicator next to the page arrows updates as you switch pages.
Rotate the document
- Press the Rotate button on the lower left the XO's monitor.
- Use the gamepad keys to continue scrolling while the file is rotate.
- That text and images rotate properly when the rotate button is pressed.
- That scrolling still works properly while the file is rotated.
Share a book
- Click the Share button in the upper right corner.
- Go to the Neighborhood view.
- That a Read activity icon appears in the Neighborhood view.
- That other users are able to join your Read activity.
- That users that join appear on the right side of the Frame.
- That all users that join are able to read the book.
Close the Read activity
- Click the X button in the top right corner.
- Have the partner you were sharing Read with leave Read as well.
- That the Read activity closes properly.
- That the Read icon is removed from the activity donut.
- That the Read icon disappears from the Neighborhood view.
Resume your reading with Journal
- Switch to Journal by clicking its icon on the activity donut.
- Find your Read activity entry, then click Resume
- That clicking Resume opens Read and properly displays the file you were reading.