Revision as of 20:44, 17 November 2008 by MitchellNCharity
What options do I have for editing text?
Use the Write activity. This uses libabiword, but has a much simpler UI.
There are some text-mode editors that you can run from the command line in the Terminal Activity:
- the powerful Vi
- 'vi' is actually vim (vi iMproved)
- You might find the Vi cheatsheet at: http://www.tuxfiles.org/linuxhelp/vimcheat.html to be of use
- Emacs is a high-powered, flexible editor
- Install MicroEMACS by copying this file to the laptop.
- Zile is a lightweight Emacs clone
- To install: sudu yum install zile
- Old instructions: Install this rpm file to get it.