About Tony Pearson
Tony Pearson is an IT Storage Consultant for IBM in Tucson, Arizona - USA. He is a "Day 1 Donor" for the OLPC G1G1 program. Blog postings about OLPC and XO laptop on his blog: [Inside System Storage]
Arizona XO Users Group in Tucson: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/AZ_XO
 OLE Nepal
It was a pleasure working with the team in Nepal to deploy the server infrastructure
- XF Firewall/Cache/Filter using Squid and Dansguardian
- XS School server database using Apache,MySQL,PHP, and Moodle
- XB Backup server using rsnapshot
 EduBlog for Ceibal (Uruguay)
The Educational_Blogger_Project is focused on trying to get kids to blog. My contribution is to build a test server as a development platform.
[EduBlog Beta Server] is now operational!
 Scripts and Configs
This section contains scripts and config files I have developed or modified: user:az990tony/scripts
This has the iptables for XF and XS machines: user:az990tony/iptables
This has the files for creating backups: user:az990tony/backup
Backing up the school server itself: Backup-and-Restore-Using-SysRescueCD
Customizing the XS ISO CD: User:Az990tony/squashfs-surgery
Customizing the SysRescCD to use with XS School Server User:Az990tony/Customizing-SysRescCD-for-XS
 Books and other resources
- Book [Fedora 7 Unleashed] an excellent guide on Fedora 7 as a server, with chapters on networking, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Python, Perl, and Squid
- Book [Linux Networking Cookbook] an excellent guide for iptables, IPv6 and other networking concepts.