Sometimes on the OLPCNews forums as co149xo. Sometimes I check my mail at co149 [spot] xo [whirlpool] gmail [spot] com. Otherwise, find me through my routing page.
 My Solar Power Setup
- Brunton Solaris 12: 12 volt flexible solar panel. UPC 0-80078-00563. Obtained from Amazon.com.
- Female-to-Female Adaptaplug Socket Cable, Radio Shack Catalog number 273-1740
- Adaptaplug "M", 5.5x2.1mm plug, Radio Shack Catalog Number 273-1716 (plug that almost fits the XO)
- Adaptaplug "N", 5.5x2.5mm plug, Radio Shack catalog number 273-1717 (plug that fits the solar panel)
The XO power socket requires a plug 5.5mm outside diameter and 1.7mm inside diameter. Radio Shack doesn't have a plug in this size. I'm using the 5.5x2.1 plug with some success (takes a little wiggling to get it going), others have had success with a 4.7x1.7mm plug (Radio Shack Adaptaplug "C", cat no. 273-1706).
Here's my setup. The solar panel is on the left. It folds up to about 9 x 5.5 inches (23x13 mm) and one inch (25 mm) thick. There is a connector housing that protrudes about 3/4 inch (15 mm).
On the right is a Pertelian X2040 external LCD display. It connects to any USB port. I use it to keep an eye on the machine's innards while I'm testing. In this picture, it's displaying data about the battery. If you have one of these, grab the code.
Let me know how it goes for you on my Talk Page
 My Jabber Server
For experimentation, I installed ejabberd 2.0.0-rc1. If you want to help, open the Terminal activity and at the prompt say:
sugar-control-panel -s jabber felix.mraiow.com
then ctrl-alt-erase to restart Sugar. If there's some activity running there, join it and leave a message. If not, you can check to see if you are connected with this command:
netstat -t | grep 5223
You should see something like this:
tcp 0 0 dhcp.something.com:32777 felix.mraiow.com:5223 ESTABLISHED
Email me your results or leave a message on the Talk Page
- server obtained and patched following the instructions at Ejabberd Configuration.
- server running and acceptinh connections. The roster reporting appears to be working in that the server is telling my client what rooms its in.
- Seeing "failed legacy authentication' errors. I've bypassed some of th eauthenticating. Users shoul dregister on connect, but usually don't. (Some do. Why?)
I'm working on this daily, so if you're testing (and why wouldn't you be?), check in once a day. If I have it working, you'll see a shared activity to leave a note on. If not, go ahead back to xochat.org and try again tomorrow.
Co149 18:23, 29 January 2008 (EST)