XS Community Edition
Welcome to the School Server - Community Edition (XSCE, or http://schoolserver.org) project. XSCE is a school or classroom based server which extends the communication capabilities of connected laptops.
Getting Started with XSCE
Get started by downloading and installing the current XSCE version .
Getting Help with XSCE
Direct questions/comments to mailing list: http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/server-devel
Testing would be WONDERFUL. Are we tough enough? Start here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holt/XS_Community_Edition/0.3/Test_Plan Also: let's start talking about testing 0.4 in June!
Report bugs and feature requests to https://sugardextrose.org/projects/xs-config
IRC (community chat) channel #schoolserver at busy times on irc.freenode.net
Weekly voice meeting are held on Skype
8PM "2PM" NYC Time Thursdays (email if you want to join)
Human contact: holt @ laptop.org
Upcoming version of XSCE 0.4
Learn more about the short term goals for the upcoming XSCE version .
Latest bleeding-edge RPM builds, at your own risk: http://xsce.activitycentral.com/repos/xsce/devel
Vision for XSCE
Learn more about the long term goals at XSCE Vision.
Original OLPC XS design and implementation available at OLPC School Server
- Jerry Vonau (SW architecture)
- George Hunt (configuration, GUI, low-power HW)
- Tim Moody (documentation, testing, Puppet auto-distribution & config mgmt)
- Anna Schoolfield (testing, content/ebooks curation platforms)
- Anish Mangal (integration, offline cloud)
- Rodrigo Hartmann (security, GUI, maintainability, intl languages)
- David Farning (software engineering tips)
- Alex Kleider (bookserver eg. Pathagar)
- David Rodríguez Álvarez (web design)
- Rubén Rodríguez (Linux/Trisquel advisor)
- Adam Holt (documentation, community coordination & outreach)
- Professor Sameer Verma (free/open advisor & user)
- Sridhar Dhanapalan (video) & many more!
- Nitika Mangal (QA Manager in India)
- Santiago Collazo (Sysadmin)
- Kartik Kumar Perisetla (Sugar developer, Delhi, India)
- Mike Dawson (advisor on SME Server technologies, Mideast, Afghanistan)
- BRCK.com by Ushahidi
- http://SMEserver.org since 1999, based on CentOS
- http://eXeLearning.org being enhanced by Mike Dawson, for Nokia phones
- http://LibraryBox.us by Jason Griffey & All (map shows 25 locations)
- http://internet-in-a-box.org by Braddock Gaskill
- http://LocalFi.org by Caryl Bigenho, Sebastian Silva & All
- Sugar Network by Aleksey Lim
- BeLL Ground Server on RPi, by http://OLE.org
- Pathagar Bookserver by Sayamindu Dasgupta, now maintained by Seth Woodworth & All
Sep 2012 Agenda
Toronto area hack sprint Sept 16-23, incl public demo Saturday Sept 22.
Oct 2012 Agenda
Nov 2012 Agenda
Centred around Toronto area hack sprint Nov 10-18:
Meet with Anish Mangal and Nathan Riddle near Detroit etc to discuss wider community integration.
Dec 2012 Agenda
Jamaica implementation sprint (delayed)
Jan 2013 Agenda
Feb 2013 Agenda
March 2013 Agenda
Boston meetup Mch 1-4 with Sameer Verma, Anish Mangal. Early pre-field test in Haiti.
Apr 2013 Agenda
May 2013 Agenda
Jun 2013 Agenda
Jul 2013 Agenda
v0.4 spec coming into view, running on many/most kinds of XOs, RPi, x86, 64-bit Fedora ??