Who I am
My name is Kevin Crews, and I an alumnus of the Illinois Math and Science Academy and currently a freshman at Washington University in St Louis. I helped found the IMSA Campus Chapter. My interests are in the science behind how we learn and adapting teaching methods as we discover more about this. A specific interest of mine is Human-Computer Interaction and its effects on education.
For more information, please see the IMSA Chapter page.
After graduating IMSA in 2009, I am not a student at Washington University in St Louis. While I am still interested in OLPC, during my freshman year I have decided to focus on my schoolwork and not overbook myself, so I am currently not an active member of any chapter.
I am very interested in OLPC Health. Specifically, I am interested in developing a medical diagnostic program, in the question-answer style of the '20Q' game. I am seeking some advisors for this project, as well as other contributers. If you are interested in learning more, do not hesitate to contact me. Once I have more to show of the project I will put together a page and a mailing list. Until then, let me know if you have any Ideas or questions--I am equally excited to get both :).
- Collaborator on an effort for the hardware and software groups of the OLPC Health Group
- Involved in organizing the Chicago OLPC Grassroots Group
- Attempted the organization of a Chicago area bulk purchase
- Summer Research group
- Worked with the Solar Test Lab at IMSA
- Oversaw the IMSA Service Model Research Project from 2008-2009
- Organized a presentation at the Chicago OLPC Grassroots Group meeting on January 22, 2008
- Presented on OLPC at IL-TCE in February, 2008