I see that you are making a Nepali translation. Thank you very much. The way to proceed is to make a copy of the POT file into a new file for your translation. I'll copy your changes to Ne PO. Please continue your work from there. Walter 12:15, 6 July 2006 (EDT)
 Nepali translation of OLPC Wiki
Shankar, I have started translating the OLPC Wiki in Nepali, I expect your help in doing this. --Suyesh 06:11, 4 March 2007 (EST)
 translation coordination
Hi! We are trying to coordinate and standardize the efforts of the translating efforts within the community. Please read the new Translators page and register if interested. If you have any questions, please drop me a note. Cheers, --Xavi 18:03, 13 April 2007 (EDT)
 Nepal Curriculum jam
Hi, Shankar! I saw that you're planning a Jam in Nepal - I'd love to touch base and see if there's anything we can do to help and coordinate (I'm in Boston right now, but will be physically at the Manila Jam and am working on materials and support for Jams overall). Catch me on irc in #olpc-content as mchua, or leave a message on my talk page and we can touch base. Mchua 18:33, 14 July 2007 (EDT)
- Got your note, Shankar - I'll keep an eye out for you on IRC and will leave a message on your talk page as Jam materials come out. Hope to see you in the #olpc-content channel soon! Mchua 17:11, 15 July 2007 (EDT)
 What can I do for Nepali localization here?
Shankar, I have just created my account in this wiki and want to contribute to some Localization tasks for Nepali language. - Nirmal 02:36, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
Hi, I was going to get back to you later via E-mail IRT south east Asian grassroots efforts but sorry I'm very busy right now with MY promo of OLPC_Philippines for the next week or two. And I also need to familiarize my self with Nepal and its culture in general ie.
- politics, President? Prime Minister? Bi-cameral legislature? Other?
- non-adult population size How many laptop's ultimately do you need
- Your general language levels English comprehension reading level on a scale of 1-5?
- your per capita income, NDP
- how the education system is set up like do you have
- Kindergarten, enrollment at 5 years minimum age?
- Primary grades 1-6,
- Secondary grades 1-4
- then how many years of higher edu?
USA=k, grades 1-6, 2 years middle school, 4 years high school, usually 18 years old at graduation, then on to prep or college and such vs Philippine no middle school and usually 16 years old at graduation!
- any Local(english) on-line newspaper that you would recommend?
- After serving for over 20 years in the U.S.Navy in and around the Pacific, & Indian Oceans prior to retiring to Rural:Philippines I have some experience that may be of help in our Joint visions :)
PS: My belief in this as to it's failure or success is lack of communication
- People from varying cultures may think that they understand something or someone by what they say or hear but in fact the meaning maybe something subtitly or totally different from their perceived perception!
--Chief Mike 05:50, 4 October 2007 (EDT)