Hiya, and welcome to the project wiki!
Did you try joyride 2230?
Did it work well for you? Any comments or input on it welcome. Leave a note here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/8.2.0#Put_Your_Name_Here_to_Confirm_You_Will_Try_the_Release_Candidate or on my talk page or e-mail me or devel.
Greg S Gregorio 11:44, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
- I did, it basically went well! Only a few minor issues from my notes above to Trac. -- Skierpage 21:13, 5 August 2008 (UTC)
smw : custom types and more
mstone cant' sleep because he is worried about how to customize presentation of test results. In particular, Property:Trac_bug_number shows trac numbers that a) have commas in their display format and b) don't link to trac pages.
Ideally, every time a trac number shows up in a query result it should link directly to a canonical trac url. This is easier if there's no comma involved :) but the more important point is that there are common use cases where you want a canonical link associated with a property.
- Yup. If you always want the link, then I think you have to write PHP code for a new datatype. That would also let you turn off the irritating commas that mess up workarounds like displaying query results with a template. -- Skierpage 07:38, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
we could have people enter an external url, including the linktext (say, just a number) rather than the dlo trac ticket number... but there seems to be something missing in that solution as well.
For related use cases where we want links associated with a property according to a simple rule, see template:test-case-query. (in that case, the fact that subjects always show up as links, with wikitext page, was the frustration; a way to reflect on the name of a subject would be handy here.)
Please help! And explain what the latest updates on  are when you have time...
- That's very old. The Germans are developing SMW 1.3 features. -- Skierpage 07:38, 7 September 2008 (UTC)
congrats on your mop
- Thanks! I already deleted a third of the Special:BrokenRedirects -- Skierpage 10:20, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
wiki back up
- which I was doing to rebuild newpages and others without the 7-day timeout that was limiting how far back you could look -- rather annoying for gathering vandal and edit statistics, or just welcoming new users! --Sj talk 09:39, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the wiki work!
Just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for all the work that you've been doing on the wiki - I've seen many of your edits around (categorization, etc.) and it's been making this place a much more pleasant environment to work in. Mad props! Mchua 21:32, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
- "You can take the man out of the road-sweeper department of the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, but you can't take the janitor impulse out of the man" -- Skierpage 22:28, 14 September 2008 (UTC)
Apparent vandalism to Activities page
There was some inserting of odd HTML into this page that wasn't caught when a subsequent, legitimate, change was made. I don't know the purpose of the stuff that was added (I'm not an expert in HTML), but the effect is to conceal the special meaning of '==' and '===' style headings for the topics after the topic "Uploading new activities". I've seen this kind of thing inserted elsewhere and it was usually reverted as vandalism. Could you (or somebody) have a look? -- Davewa 14:18, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
The same sort of problem is also present at the end of the Content collections section. -- Davewa 18:37, 14 October 2008 (UTC)
- I think I cleaned it up. I suspect [22.214.171.124] tried to add a Spanish translation of that section by copying and pasting from some Wysiwyg tool, and completely botched it.
thanks for smw-izing the test community meeting notes!
I had originally planned to fix up/SMW-icize the test community notes later tonight, but you totally beat me to it - thanks! Mchua 20:57, 28 October 2008 (UTC)
Whoops! I didn't mean to do that. AuntiMame 13:30, 20 November 2008 (UTC)
Re: Testing portion of the wiki
I saw this one and grinned. I'm leaving it as-is right now, but we might move it back, just so you know; Michael Stone and I have been conversing about Community testing being closer to what Testing ought to be than Testing is now, so things might be shaking up on that portion of the wiki - just a heads-up.
As always, you amaze me with your awesomeness. I can't thank you enough for all the help you've given us over the last few weeks - months, really. You're a lifesaver, Skierpage. Mchua 15:20, 10 December 2008 (UTC)
Just noticed this (nice table!). But the entry for my StarChart activity doesn't indicate that it's part of Activities/Peru. And for some reason, I can't check the box for that in the form myself (though I can edit other information).
- (The above was -- 19:52, 10 December 2008 User:Davewa — please sign your talk page edits with -- ~~~~.) Anyway, works for me! Click StarChart, click the [edit with form] tab, click the Activity group "Activities/Peru" checkbox, click [Show changes], click [Save Page]. -- skierpage 00:01, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
- Sorry about not signing the edit, I forgot. For me, the checkboxes for Peru and G1G1 were disabled. Must be a user privelege thing. -- Davewa 15:56, 11 December 2008 (UTC)
Thanks for the meeting notes cleanup!
XO school Server
Should it perhaps be XO school Server, instead, as we are referring more specifically in these contexts to the technology over its place of use? --FGrose 21:12, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
- Heh, I think I asked on some other talk page about the relationship of XS to the page School server, and someone (Martin?) replied and wasn't sure what the acronym stood for. Sure, XO school Server makes sense to me. -- skierpage 21:45, 1 February 2009 (UTC)
thanks for the cleanup!
Cheers, 126.96.36.199 04:23, 5 November 2011 (UTC)
Hi Femslade, I'm a former OLPC-EU employee in Brussels, preparing a trip to visit my wife's family in Cambodia and to meet the Minister of Education of Cambodia. Saw you on http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=OLPC_Cambodia&action=history ... do you have any special interest to Cambodia in particular? Can you team-up / coach me? Thx --SvenAERTS 06:40, 19 January 2013 (UTC)