Version 12 defiantly seems faster then previous versions.. especially while watching. One problem that you might be aware of is the track-pad. It's partially disabled. It can move the cursor but when I click to draw something, it doesn't draw. Although if I move the cursor with my Wacom, i'm able to use the xo to click and draw. Other then that it seems great. User:Loser
xomail (will now be sweetmail :p) has been stagnant for a while now since i've had a busy semester, but i will be working on it this january and hope to release it for testing in february Shikhar 19:47, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
If there's something you'd like me to change let me know. If not, i'll upload the svg.
- A background svg for CodeRing would look nice. Plus I think it would snag kid's attention quicker then words like 'encode', 'decode', and 'cryptography'.
- Also, just a heads-up.. the icons for Colors!, TypingTurtle, and Bounce are the wrong size. haha- oops. They should all be 55x55 so i'll be fixing them within the next day or so. I thought you should know so you can grab them once they're fixed.
- Alright. I've updated Colors!, TypingTurtle, and Bounce with the proper dimensions. In addition to that, I also corrected the naming scheme to match other activities (i.e. 'Activity-name.svg') so you're going to have to update you're python references. I know you just got your hands on the Finance svg but the name is going to have to be updated to match so i'll let you know when that's ready. I went ahead and updated the wiki pages to show the proper icons as well. P.S. the Colors! svg is not displaying correctly in the thumbnail so if you click on the svg when your at the Image:Activity-colors.svg page it will show it properly. I'm going to look into that.
- I updated the finance svg.
Re: Some more art
Sure! I can help you out, no problem.
Let's start with the icons and we'll see about the background screens, animations, etc.
You can send the xo files to loser.emails(at)gmail.com whenever you get a chance.
Glad to lend a hand, User:Loser
- I also updated the Colors! icon so it doesn't overlap.
No problem. feel free to throw more work my way. http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:Colors-activity.svg
Bounce help wanted
enjoy your icons. User:Loser
3d pong updates!
Wade -- can you patch 3d pong to limit the extra-flash you get when losing a point after level 2, and to make it more hackable, with an in-game level editor? That would rock... would be great to have it polished by the weekend to consider for the next build. Sj talk 23:12, 19 June 2007 (EDT)
No code in git yet (started working on this yesterday and spent most of yesterday learning GTK), but I'm hoping to have an interface Activity stub in a repo today or tomorrow, and then start plugging the back end into the various battery charge indicators. It's not going to require any specialized hardware - the code is going to display the values we're already getting for battery info somewhere (basically making that info transparent) - so you could theoretically plug your XO into the wall outlet, though having some form of variable charge input (adjustable power supply, hand crank...) will make it more exciting. I'll drop you a line when I have code in git; haven't quite gotten the GTK-activity bit working yet. Mchua 09:48, 6 May 2008 (EDT)
Thanks for the response on the merge. I obviously haven't done it yet. Unfortunately, I don't understand the theoretical wiki organization well enough to know what belongs on a Support FAQ page versus a home page. Should one page be complete and the other brief? Right now, it's just kinda a mess of duplication, so I think a merge would be better than nothing.Tdang 06:46, 18 May 2008 (EDT)
Colors turns on the camera?
It's kinda creepy that it starts watching you when you run the program. I couldn't find any controls that actually do anything with the camera. (Well, I couldn't find any documentation for the whole thing, either...). I've filed bug #7894 about this. Thanks for writing it.
Also, I noticed that when you click on the palette icon, and the whole screen is full of the color/brush picker, if you click one of the other tabs like Watch or Activity, there's no way out of the color/brush picker any more. You have to go back to the Paint tab to escape from it.
Also, some of the time the word "Activity" in the tab bar wasn't getting painted properly, just the last half of the word was there. Not sure exactly what I did to provoke that.
Eventually I found the "camera" icon under Paint, which makes a bizarre psychedelic colored snapshot. But it wouldn't let me paint on the snapshot, or do anything else with it. I also found a button called "Video Paint" but it seemed to do nothing at all.
design gang proposal
Color won't shut on 8.2.0 2458 build
I can't close Colors on this build from the stop sign in the top right. Only from the desktop.
Hi, I'm working on a project which needs the last version of Pygame, but the current Sugar versions here in Uruguay hasn't it. I've noted your Colors! application uses a custom version of Pygame, Pygame 1.9pre. I used it on my project but I need a couple of modules that aren't compiled. Could you give me a clue on how to compile my own custom Pygame for the XO? Thank you! Rodrigo Pérez - rodripf [at] gmail --Rodripf 14:41, 4 November 2010 (UTC)