What would you do with your XO laptop
Revision as of 10:50, 14 February 2008 by Sj
- Keep it in the kitchen to use for recipes.
- Take it outside during a lunch break to read the latest news.
- Take it to the beach / road trip to read (instead of a paperback).
- Take it to a coffee shop and surf the web.
- Take it to a social event to meet new people through the mesh networking.
- Develop applications for it / use it for testing.
- Take it traveling around the world, where battery life, portability, and durability is important.
- Tell myself or to my children that somewhere over the world in a developing nation people have the same laptop
On the road
- If I am on a long travel I do not have to fear that my laptop is shutting down because of empty batteries.
- Use it as my personal diary wherever I am.
- Take it to the swimming-pool and download/read online newspapers/ magazines, which I have subscribed.
Getting the word out
- Commit to taking the XO laptop to T-Mobil hotspots in my community and when I travel and use it where it will draw attention and questions about what it is and why it is.
- Provide a short brochure, flyer, or information card about OLPC to give to interested parties.
- Tell them how to get involved and encourage them to do so.
- Give the four I bought to a school in the South Bronx.