Revision as of 17:34, 11 April 2008 by Walter
Sample text please expand or ?
- How to create a new document
- You create a new document simply by opening the Write activity.
- How to name or title a document
- You can change the name of your document by editing the title text box that appears under the Activity Tab.
- How to rename a document
- You can rename the document either by editing the title text box that appears under the Activity Tab or by editing the title from the detail view within the Journal Activity.
- How to save a copy under a new name, such as "Monday's draft," "Tuesday's draft..."
- You can use the "keep" button to save a new version of a document (also found under the Activity Tab).
- How to delete a document
- You can delete a document by selecting Erase in the detail view of the Journal.
- How to find and reopen a document you created earlier
- You "resume" from the Journal, either by "clicking" on the Write icon or resume button in the main view or selecting resume in the detail view.
- How to send that document to another child, a teacher or another person
- You can share a document directly from the Write Activity either by issuing an invitation to an individual or by sharing with the neighborhood. You can also send a document to another person through a web activity, such as email or by transferring it to another computer via a removable storage device.
- How to put the document on a removable memory (USB or SD) for printing on a bigger computer
- You can "drag" a document onto a removable storage device from the Journal.
- How to copy a document from a USB or SD
- You can "drag" a document into the Journal from a removable storage device in the Journal Activity.
- How to open an existing document on a USB drive or SD, including available document formats, any restrictions about file names or extensions, etc.
- You can "resume" documents directly from a removable storage device without copying it to the Journal either by "clicking" on the Write icon or resume button in the main view or selecting resume in the detail view.
For reference, and for alternate learning models, document each menu/mode and the actions each makes possible. Add a paragraph under each of these headings. Add clear but small screen images (remember some readers will read this ON an XO):