XS Community Edition/0.5
| NOTE: The contents of this page are not set in stone, and are subject to change!|
This page is a draft in active flux ...
Building off the success of XSCE 0.4, we hope with v0.5, the glass will officially become half-full :}
Its spec document will be refined Oct 21-23 in San Francisco.
Rolling list of proposals / open-community planning:
How is XSCE 0.5 coming together since Sept 2013?
Look through its spec and community efforts below, as well as XSCE's General FAQ.
- San Francisco Design/Hacking "Crystallization Sprint" will be Oct 21-23 2013. All are invited, we just ask that all RSVP with their expected contribution, thanks!
- The /Spec is not yet ready as late Sept / early Oct 2013: as such all are strongly encouraged to contribute suggestions and strategic/tactical directions. We will pull these together during San Francisco's Oct 21-23 Sprint mentioned immediately above.
- Our /Road Map is emerging in coming weeks, during San Francisco's Sprint, becoming even more precise during Malaysia's "Culmination Sprint" Nov 18-20, 2013.
Thanks for thinking how we & others can refine this for in the autumn of 2013 for Version 0.5 !
Placeholder links (for later)
School Server Recap
A community school server provides communication, networking, content, and maintenance to a school and/or classroom. In everyday usage the school server provides services extending capabilities of the connected laptops, enhancing teacher-child-parent relationships. In general, these services include:
- Classroom connectivity – Similar to what you would find in an advanced home router.
- Internet gateway – If available, an internet connection is made available to laptops.
- Content - Tools for deployments and teachers to make instructional media available to their schools and classrooms.
- Maintenance - Tools to keep laptops updated and running smoothly.