OLPC XO Hardware Developers Guide
One Laptop Per Child, to begin with. Then education, jobs, new businesses, health, infrastructure, and everything else the people of the world need. Including the ability to talk to each other and work together on any project that seems worthwhile.
- Usable by illiterates (young and old)
- No dependence on electric power grid; any renewable power source
- Children can collaborate
- Optimum cost/benefit
- All free drivers
Process and standards
- Preliminary specifications
- Adopting new technologies
- Test mode of Open Firmware
- Drop tests
- Oven tests
- Water, dust, sand, chemical
This article is a documentation stub, an outline for a real manual. Maybe it should be expanded, maybe it should be killed — discuss..