OLPC in the News
Readers adding links to press releases and links to published articles into this list are invited to add them such that the date order reads from the most recent items being at the top of the page. Readers are asked please to use the discussion page for any discussions of the press releases and articles so that this page is simply a list of items and links.
- eweek: Interview with Mary Lou Jepsen, higher resolution, 7th the power consumption, 3rd the price of a traditionnal LCD. Pictures of the new screen prototype
- zdnet: Trials to begin within weeks, "Trials start everywhere at the same time," in Nigeria in September and Thailand in October, the "B-Machines", should be produced in November, he added. These devices will be "tested to destruction".
- "infoworld.com" Nigeria buys... reports, Nigeria buys into $100 laptop concept.
- This was a premature announcement. Walter 16:07, 31 July 2006 (EDT)
- Wired.com: The Laptop Crusade, about the evolution of the Laptops design.
- Technology Review has an article on the power sources for the laptop, mentioning the pull-string power source. 2006-07-25
- "Der Standard" reports about hardware details  (german), 2006-05-31
- "Der Standard" shows pictures of the orange maschine  (german), 2006-05-24
- A press release from the Unicode Consortium issued on 2006-05-08: http://www.unicode.org/press/pr-iuc30-3.html