This is my User Page and as with most things is a work in progress, enjoy! Moments ago it was 2022/08/18 22:26UTC, which at the time was the present. You can find me here if you try Wikipedia:User:D0li0.
Favorite Local Pages
- Special:Recentchanges to see what's happening here.
Reset nickname and preferences?
Is it possible to simple reset the preferred user name, so you can play around before giving yours laptop away to someone else? Sugar Control Panel !!
- I tried changing the nickname from aaron to aaron-test-nick and the OLPC freaked out on X-restart/reboot, never made it back to the GUI. I had to manually edit the /home/olpc//.sugar/default/config file, changing it back to nickname = aaron. I used <ctrl>+<alt>+<fn>+1 to get to a console, logged in as root, found the file above and edited it with vi. Perhaps the new name was simply too long or contained invalid characters, but the sugar-control-panel -s nick aaron-test-nick command should have warned about that if that's the case. --D0li0 06:05, 3 January 2008 (EST)
Reloading and updating
- Autoreinstallation image
- Let's talk about: Power input polarity, reverse tolerant?
- Let's talk about: Working with a stylus
- Let's talk about: "flushing" nickname identity, returning to new state.