XS Community Edition/6.2
Internet-in-a-Box / XSCE 6.2 (formerly known as "School Server Community Edition") was released April 19, 2017.
Please see the Release Notes here: https://github.com/xsce/xsce/wiki/IIAB-6.2-Release-Notes
Documentation was overhauled & refreshed in early 2017:
- http://box/info (documentation for offline operators)
Install images for different CPU's, OS's and languages (many including sample content) are accumulating here: http://download.iiab.io
Among many other things, IIAB/XSCE 6.2 includes: (code is here)
- Strong Raspberry Pi 3 support, including the Raspbian Pixel OS (see security updates from late Nov 2016, and early 2017)
- Strong support for teachers/librarians who want ad hoc USB stick/drive materials to appear instantly at http://box/usb
- Captive Portal experimentation, so users don't need to type in any URL at all (e.g. http://box, http://school.lan, http://schoolserver.lan, http://172.18.96.1 etc!) Largely deferred to IIAB 6.3, but Coming Soon!
- Read the Release Notes for much more!
Join our weekly "Thursday" calls to help push forward what's coming next:
After 6.2 (starting in April 2017) our code will increasingly transition to: http://github.com/iiab
The latest *stable* release should always be available at: https://github.com/xsce/xsce/releases/latest
Return to this IIAB/XSCE 6.2 summary site anytime later, with short link: http://schoolserver.org/6.2